- Jeopardizes “spill” at the Columbia and Snake River dams – a salmon protection measure that significantly increases salmon survival.
- Prohibits any federal money from being spent on removing, partially removing, or even studying the removal of any dam in the United States (public or private) that currently generates or at one time generated hydropower (without explicit approval from Congress).
- Prevents any federal money from being spent on dam removal mitigation or restoration measures (without explicit approval from Congress).
- Requires that Bonneville Power Administration (BPA) define “foregone revenue” as a fish and wildlife compliance cost.
- Prevent any federal funding for important energy efficiency and renewable energy programs and initiatives proposed by the Department of Energy
Monday, August 20, 2012
Worst Dam Bill EVER
Hastings who hails from Eastern Washington is a long time crusader for a return to the era of pork barrel dam projects and has a more than cozy relationship with the irrgation and hydropower lobbies. Among the highlights of the bill are:
More in an editorial to the Spokane Spokesman Review:
Take action at Save our Wild Salmon's website: