- Prohibits federal funding for studying or removing dams unless explicitly authorized by congress
- Prohibit federal funding for organizations that have engaged in legal actions against federal dam projects
- Prioritizes hydropower generation above other more sustainable energy sources.
- Allow private hydropower development
- Cutting the cost and regulations associated with dam re-licensing
Thursday, August 2, 2012
Hastings Introduces Dangerous Pro-Hydropower Bill
While this bill is unlikely to pass the Senate, it would cripple progress towards dam removal and the recovery of wild salmon. Among the more heinous provisions are those that would
All in all this bill would spell catastrophe for the nascent dam removal movement and it is critical that it not pass. While it is likely to pass in congress, it is far less likely to pass once it reaches the Senate. We'll keep a close eye on the proceedings and update you as needed.